From:
Date:
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:53:39 -0400
Subject: Re: DRG Map Sets in Libraries
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:41:06 -0500
From: Mike Flannigan <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

I did not intend to take my own survey on which libraries
have DRG topo maps online for their states for their patrons
to use, but a few libraries did contact me with this
information.

About 8 libraries stated that they own a set.  6 all together
have DRG's available on CD-ROM for use upon request.
Very few (probably less than 2) have them online all the
time for all patrons to use.  I am not naming these libraries
here, since I did not get permission to do so.  Some of the
states include AL, TX, OR, CA, MI, and NC.

Many others stated that they had incomplete sets that
were issued on CD by the USGS through the Federal
Depository Program.

Surely many more own a complete set for their states
and did not contact me, but I thought the list might want
to hear this much anyway.

Mike Flannigan