From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:25:13 -0500
Subject:        Re: Question on cataloging what I think are old blackline prints
Date:   Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:49:55 -0400
From:   Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship
<[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]

The current way of descriptively providing this information is to put the type of reproduction method
in the 300$b instead of using "photocopy" there and then adding a 500 notes. Saves on a couple of steps!

So, like this:

007  $a a $b j $d a $e a $f z $g b $h b
300 1 map : $b negative blackline print ; $c 50 x 60 cm.

and thus you never have to use a 500 note to be specific about the
type of reproduction, plus you eliminate the less-than-ideal term
"photocopy" which 99.9% of our patrons automatically think the
original map was put on a photocopier and one or more copies made from it.

Paige