From:
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 11:40:11 EDT
2 messages.-----------Johnnie

>Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:51:02 -0500
>From: Allen Hjelmfelt <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: facsimile of Piri Reis

Ron:

Pioneer Trails
1004 Maplewood Dr.
Columbia MO 65203-1856
USA

sells the Piri Reis facsimile.

PIRI REIS' MAP, 1513.  Colored reproduction, 34" x 24", of a fragment found
during renovation of Topkapu Palace in Turkey.  Depicts the Atlantic coast
of North and South America and portions of the coasts of Africa and Europe.
A notation describes Columbus's first voyage on map.  According to
Nebenzahl, this is one of only two world maps with a direct Columbus
delineation for part of America.  Includes 44 page booklet, with fold-out
map, in English and four other languages describing the map and its
history.  Imported from Turkey.
 Price $25.00  +- $4.00 shipping.

Hope this helps.

Allen Hjelmfelt

Ronald Whistance-Smith wrote:

> Dear all,
> Can anyone direct me to a vendor with a facsimile of the Piri Reis
> map for sale?
> Thanks very much.
>
> Ron
> Ron Whistance-Smith
> 14520 84th Ave. NW
> Edmonton, AB
> Canada   T5R 3X2
> FAX: (403) 483-5858                   email: [log in to unmask]

>Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 10:52:34 -0400
>From: [log in to unmask] (Eric W. Wolf)
>Subject: Re: facsimile of Piri Reis

Try

Deniz Ikmal Grup Kiligi
Deniz Necriyat Satis Buerosu
Kasimpasa
Istanbul
Turkey

This is a Turkish Government agency which distributes (or at
least used to distribute) full-sized color facsimiles of the
Piri Reis map.