From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cathi Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:45:18 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:48:26 -0500
From: Cathi Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map identification
Sender: Cathi Carmack <[log in to unmask]>

Folks:

I'm a cataloger at the Tennessee State Library and Archives and am having trouble
identifying the markings on an unpublished map. It covers most of a 3-county
section of Tennessee and appears to have been cut from a larger map (there's no
border with identifying information). Someone has annotated the map by drawing
overlapping rectangles in various colors of ink and labelling them with
designations such as "105-4A-1."  There are no other markings on the map and we
don't know where it came from.

Please forgive my ignorance if this is a familiar marking system to those of you
working with modern-day maps - I usually work with much older maps and haven't
encountered this before. Any clues as to what this is will be greatly appreciated!

Cathi Carmack
--- End Forwarded Message ---