From:
"Randall b. Kemp" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 18:36:51 EST
Dear MAPS-L Readers :

In December, I will be graduating from the University of Michigan School of
Information and Library Studies. I will be awarded a Masters in Information
and Library Studies, with emphasis in Maps/Spatial Data, and am seeking
employment in the field.

In addition to map training (see next paragraph for specifics), my computer
skills are varied, with training in Unix, Windows/DOS, and Macintosh
environments. I invested eight months with the systems operator at my school,
learning the details of networking computers.  I am able to write shell
scripts and author HTML documents (see URL below for examples). In addition,
I have original map-cataloging experience on OCLC, can operate four GIS
packages, and am comfortable on numerous software programs ranging from image
to word processing.

Since January, I have worked with Karl Longstreth, Map Librarian, at the
University of Michigan. For two months this past summer, I interned at the
Map and Imagery Laboratory at the University of California Santa Barbara
with Larry Carver and Mary Larsgaard . For a full resume, please see my
HomePage online at http://www.sils.umich.edu/~rbkemp/ I will be glad to
send you a hard copy of my resume. You may reach me ...
email : [log in to unmask] or
1685 Broadway #104
Ann Arbor, MI 48105

Sincerely,