From:
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2012 15:37:48 -0500
Subject: RE: Libguides and map libraries
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 16:16:47 -0400
From: Bertuca, David <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

The University at Buffalo Map Collection has a website with many guides.
http://library.buffalo.edu/maps/

some of the links go to online resources and others promote our physical
collection and how to find and use maps.

The UB site for our collection gets very high volume use from campus and
outside users. User statistics have shown it to be number 1 in use for
many years. It is popular for a few reasons, but it is most useful to
patrons and helps them to locate materials on their own, or with some
assistance. I try to keep the pages as current and relevant to our
population as possible.

David J. Bertuca, Map Librarian
225 Capen Hall University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260-1672
716-645-1332 / 716-645-3710 (fax)

Liasion to the Geography Department for GIS and Physical Geography