Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:09:23 -0500
Subject:        historic Hawaii maps question
Date:   Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:56:03 -0700
From:   Linda P Newman <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum
<[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Folks,   one of our geography faculty is involved in a cartographic
project regarding historic Hawaii maps.  Specifically, an issue
involving the nature of the survey system used.  Yes, I have directed
him to U. of Hawaii and he has talked to Ross and Riley.  I have just
directed him to Gary Fitzpatrick as well.

In your collections, do you have any Hawaii maps dating roughly
1880-1900?  Are they on a web site?  Do you have any experts on your
campus re historic Hawaii??

Finding a map which contains an explanation of the particular system
would be very helpful.   He is checking various web sites  [Rumsey,
etc.] now.

Thank you for any help or direction!

Linda Newman

University of Nevada Reno