Date:
Wed, 26 May 1993 16:38:48 EDT
The NCGIA GIS bibliographies are designed to be annual listings of conference
article titles and compendium article titles -- items currently unavailable
from online research facilities such as Carl Uncover.  We do not list journal
articles nor books since references to these materials are available elsewhere
(Mary Jane Poulin of the UMO Science & Engineering Library compiled a list of
these other sources which can be found in the text and postscript versions of
the bibliographies).  Conference proceedings that contain only abstracts are
excluded.  We do not provide article abstracting nor keywords.

We try to include the major GIS related conferences in the US, Canada, Europe,
and Australia that focus on issues of GIS theory.  Part of our ability to
include these materials is based on our access the materials themselves.  For
this, we must sometimes rely on others to provide the materials so that they
can be included.

The bibliographies include only materials published within the year.  A
bibliography for 1993 is being planned, but is not yet underway.  The
bibliographies were prepared for internal use of NCGIA researchers, but are
made available to anyone who wants them.  Although we have tried to list
titles accurately, we make no guarantees, implied or otherwise, that the
titles are accurate or comprehensive.  We claim no rights in the factual
list of article titles and encourage its free dissemination in digital form
for academic purposes.

The bibliographies are available in several formats.  Textual versions include
ASCII and postscript.  Import files for "refer" and "procite" bibliographic
software are also available in ASCII form.  EndNote Plus database files for
the MacIntosh are availble in binhex format (.hqx).  The files can be
anonymously FTP'ed from: NCGIA.UCSB.EDU (128.111.105.65) under the directory
/pub/biblio.  Hardcopy versions, which include a diskette, can be had by
writing to:

NCGIA/Geography Department
3510 Phelps Hall
University of California, Santa Barbara