Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2006 09:03:06 -0500
Subject:        FW: ALA /GODORT room reservations for midwinter
Date:   Tue, 10 Oct 2006 08:32:17 -0500
From:   Miller, Barbara <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

GODORT members, the url for GODORT room hotel room reservations is:

http://reg.itsmeetings.com/its/0701libsea/start.asp?group=GODORT
When you log in to register you must select this hotel, even thought it
is the only one listed.

This is for the Roosevelt Hotel, which has rooms left on Sat.-Wed at
$117 per night.  You should know that a variety of problems has created
a mess in room reservations.  ALA booked over 70 per cent of their rooms
in the first two days.  Then the GODORT site was only working off and on
the first two days. Then there was a mix up of dates for the GODORT
hotel, and as a result there are no rooms left for Wed through Friday
night at the Roosevelt.

Because of the scarcity of ALA rooms, we recommend that you try to book
for the Roosevelt from Saturday forward, and try to find another hotel
for any earlier days.  If you try to book everything through ALA you may
have a much more expensive room or none at all.   I will give everyone a
week to reserve, and then will turn the rest of the rooms back to ALA,
so that GODORT will not have to pay for the extra rooms.

We are very sorry about the snafus, but it appears to be a combination
of problems.  This year at midwinter I hope to survey Steering and
committee members to get a more accurate count for the summer meeting
before booking rooms for Washington, D.C.

Thank you for your patience,

Barbara Miller, chair

Conference Committee GODORT