From:
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:44:10 -0500
Subject: Web site Update
Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:21:14 -0500
From: Susan A. Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

------------------
Hi there!

We have a website that would be useful to archaeologists. We research and
procure historical aerial photography. Here is some information about our
services, and please feel free to visit our website at http://www.nar.com

We have several different products that may interest you, with regard to
aerial imagery. First is our AerialSearch^(TM). This is a report listing all
the available historic photography for a site anywhere in the U.S. - from
over 500 sources of photography, not just our holdings - the search is FREE
when the client conducts the AerialSearch^(TM) online and $65 when the
AerialSearch^(TM) is done by NAR staff - the results will be the same. The
report itself then serves as an order form, should you wish to order any
photography from the listing. Research takes time and manpower to keep
up-to-date. You won't get more comprehensive research at any price
elsewhere.

If the AerialSearch^(TM) is done by NAR staff, you'll get the results from this
report within approximately 24 hours via FAX unless other arrangements are
made. Even better, this report can be done on our website if you have all
the necessary information - in this case the results come up on your screen
in about a minute! You need to fill in a lat/long coordinate, the nearest
city or populated place, county and state, and an address.The report
consists of a listing of all the available dates, scales, prices and
various other information on the photography - monoscopic as well as
stereoscopic.

We have another product called the DigitalPak^(TM) which comes in several
"sizes". It is tailored for the client who needs more than one year of
photography (typically a Phase I sort of client), but may not be able to
wait for the longer turnaround time of some of our slower vendors. We
choose 3, 4 or 5 years of photography for a site for you, for delivery
within a 2-3 week turnaround. We get the lowest scale contact print
available, usually between 1"=1667' and (depending upon coverage
area)1"=3333' or 1"=6667'. For any DigitalPak^(TM) product, you can order
digital prints of your site area for an additional $20 per frame.

We need to have either a good map of the site - preferably a portion of a
USGS quadrangle map - that is not too "close up" on the site, so we can
site the photos without too much difficulty, or a latitude/longitude
coordinate of the site. These are necessary in order to precisely locate
each photograph needed to cover the site, and to prevent errors in ordering
photography.

You may have questions I haven't addressed here; please don't hesitate to
call and ask us at 1-800-827-2994!

Thank you for your interest -
---sue h

Susan A. Hawkins                            National Aerial Resources
12 Arrowhead La, Box 4
Cohoes, NY    12047
V: 800-827-2994       F: 518-785-8088
http://www.nar.com            ...insight through aerial photography