Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 15:46:06 -0500
Subject:        RE: Map Citation help SOLVED!
Date:   Tue, 16 Oct 2007 13:26:43 -0700
From:   Matthew Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

Many thanks to: Carlos Diaz, Cynthia Jahns, Paige Andrew and Janet Collins
for assisting me with this puzzle.  Each provided a clue that together led
to the answer! (The patron, btw, was beside himself with appreciation.)

Answer:

The map was indeed a USC&GS T-sheet: Topographic Resurvey of Seattle Bay and
City, Washington : City Front and Head of Bay / Surveyed by J.J. Gilbert,
Assistant. 1899.  Register no. 2421

Available online via the Puget Sound River History Project (right in my own
"backyard"): http://riverhistory.ess.washington.edu/tsheets/framedex.htm

Matthew Parsons, Map Librarian/Earth & Space Sciences Librarian
Map Collection and Cartographic Information Services Unit
University of Washington Libraries
Seattle, WA 98195
206-543-9392