From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:16:26 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:57:15 -0500
From: Ellen Crosby <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: map from a book?
Sender: Ellen Crosby <[log in to unmask]>

I'm trying to catalog "J. T. Barker's rail road and township map of Ohio
/ compiled & engraved by H. R. Page & Co.-- Chicago, 1885." It's a
folded sheet with map on one side and index on the other. There's
nothing like it in OCLC, and it's not listed in the _Checklist of early
maps of the Middle West_. I strongly suspect it has been removed from a
book because the numbers 30 and 31 appear on the upper outer corners of
the map side of the sheet. The dealer's catalog description calls this
"very rare"--what a surprise!

Does this sound vaguely familiar to anyone? Any tips for handling it? I
did find a record for something else with the note "Removed from an
atlas, p. 59" but I'd like to be more precise if possible. Thanks! E

--
Ellen Crosby, Head of Cataloging
Indiana Historical Society Library