From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2008 09:00:08 -0500
………..

*From:* Office Cartography [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
*Sent:* 27 August 2008 14:14
*To:* Maps-L
*Subject:* WS on Archiving in Digital Cartography and Geoinformation -
Urgent Call for Participation

Dear Colleague,

I would like to invite You to consider participating the *Workshop on
"Archiving in Digital Cartography and Geoinformation"* in *Berlin (4-5
December 2008)*. The workshop is organised by the Berlin-Brandenburg
Section of the *German Cartographic Society* in cooperation with the
*ICA Commission on Digital Technologies in Cartographic Heritage*,
*CODATA Germany*, the German National Committee on Data for Science and
Technology, and the *Hasso Plattner Institute* at the University of
Potsdam.

The workshop's website can be accessed via
*http://www.codata-germany.org/Archiving_2008/*

This workshop adresses to international and national experts to discuss
following GIScience- and cartography focused topics (but is not
exclusively restricted to these points):

    * state-of-the-art digital archiving
    * technological prerequisites
    * creation of archive input data
    * document and multimedia archiving
    * database archiving
    * digital archive organisation
    * digital archive prototypes
    * archives management
    * archive use
    * permanent and long-term accessibility
    * cartographic heritage

In this context may I ask you, if you are interested in participation,
to *submit a contribution*?!

On account of major relevance of this topic we plan to arrange a
Springer publication within the series of "Lecture Notes on
Geoinformation and Cartography". Therefore contributions will be subject
to a double blind peer review process following the event in December 2008.

Additionally allow me to ask for Your help to distribute this
information into the cartographic community? Thank You a lot!

Finally I would like to encourage you to actively contribute and
participate at this event and enable the chance on cooperations.

Kind regards from Potsdam,

Markus Jobst

*PS: Please excuse incidence of cross posting.*

Dr.techn. Markus Jobst
PostDoc Research Grant Fellow
Computergrafische Systeme, Systemanalyse und Modellierung
Hasso-Plattner-Institut (HPI)
August-Bebel-Str. 88, D-14482 Potsdam
Amtgericht Potsdam, HRB 12184
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Christoph Meinel
Tel    +49 (0331) 97992-591
Fax    +49 (0331) 97992-589

Pers Tel AT:   0043-699-14269689
Pers Tel DE:   0049-178-1469689
Email:         [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>