From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 16:15:48 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 12:30:49 -0600
From: Nat Case <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: the mapping industry <fwd>
Sender: Nat Case <[log in to unmask]>

The best single source for information is the International Map Trade
Association. They publish a monthly newsletter, and hold regional
conferences and international conferences every year. The next
Americas Region meeting is April in Washington, DC. Their web site is
http://www.maptrade.org and I recommend them to anyone trying to keep
up on the map publishing world.

If you're more interested in GIS, you may get some peripheral info
from IMTA, but there are other professional organizations.

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc

------------
Filar Elisabeth wrote:

>Hi -
>
>I have a patron that is inquiring about "what's going on in the mapping
>industry?"... more specifically what is being sold/bought, technologies
>used, furture, etc.... seems more business-orineted but I thought I would
>throw the question out and see if anyone has insight on this topic or
>knows good resources or web sites to send him too.
>
>Thanks for any help you can give me!
>Beth
--- End Forwarded Message ---