From:
"Curtis, Gwen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 2017 20:10:35 +0000
I recently received a number of Reise Know-How road maps that are described as "rip and waterproof."  I've seen these described in various records as plastic, plastic-coated, and synthetic.  The 007 field for maps gives the option of synthetic, plastic, and vinyl.  Can anyone give me an idea as to what type of material these actually are and what the 007 should be?

Gwen Curtis
Map Collection
410C Science and Engineering Library
University of Kentucky Libraries