From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:17:34 -0500
Subject: Memorial to Ernie Woodson, former Map Librarian at the
University at Buffalo]
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:37:21 -0500
From: Jim Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
This comes as a complete shock and surprise.  What sad news.  Ernie was
one of the nicest people I ever met.

I got to know Ernie through his active participation in NEMO, NorthEast
map Organization.  Ernie was active from early on.  A regular attendee
at our meetings and also served as Capt'n, not once, but twice.

Even though I only saw Ernie once a year at the NEMO meeting, it was
always as if we had talked just the day before.

His work on the neighborhoods of Buffalo and NYC was a true work of love.

I was so excited for him when I learned that he had retired.  I couldn't
think of a better person to enjoy retirement.

My condolences to his family.  He always talked about his daughters and
their progress through Vassar.  He was the very proud father.

Ernie, take care.  You will be missed.  I was fortunate to have met you
and got to know you.

Your friend,

Jim