Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:01:48 -0600
Subject:        FGDC website not reachable from some locations
Date:   Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:31:17 -0800
From:   Mary Larsgaard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

In case you (like Stanford and UCSB) are
among those locations that can't get
the http://www.fgdc.gov website to open -
here's a copy of an email from the FGDC
Webmaster, in response to a message
from a Stanford IT person.

Mary
------------
"Yes, this is a known issue in that we have had other universities and
organizations have this problem in the last two weeks after we migrated
our DNS.
I am copying our DNS administrator Bob Ibison so that he can help resolve
this further.
Thanks,
Vaishal

Jane Norris <[log in to unmask]>
10/26/2006 08:10 PM

Subject
can't access fgdc.gov from Stanford and other networks

Hello,
We received a Help ticket regarding a staff member's problem connecting to
www.fgdc.gov from the Stanford campus network.  We don't seem to find DNS
service supporting that site.  I also tried connecting to it from a
non-Stanford network with the same result.  She gave me your name as a
contact person.  Is this a known issue?
Thank you.
Jane
Jane Norris