From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 08:21:25 -0500
Subject:        tenure-track job in cartography/geovisualization at Cal State
Long Beach
Date:   Tue, 08 Aug 2006 18:54:33 -0700
From:   Christine M. Rodrigue, Ph.D. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Please share this opportunity with promising Ph.D.s and

advanced ABDs in cartography.  Thank you for your time
and consideration, and I apologize if you receive more
than one cross-posted copy of this announcement.

Chrys Rodrigue, Professor and Chair, Geography, CSULB

The Department of Geography at California State
University, Long Beach, is recruiting for a tenure-track
assistant professorship in cartography/geovisualization
to begin in August 2007.  We are looking for someone with
a Ph.D. in geography or related field with research
specialization in cartography, geovisualization, map use
and design, spatial cognition, data visualization, and/or
geospatial web/interactive mapping/GIS.  We would prefer
someone having some combination of expertise and/or
experience in graphic design, interactive cartography,
and/or web-based mapping; familiarity with critical
cartography research would be a plus, as would a person
able to contribute to the geography curriculum in other
areas.  Please visit
http://www.csulb.edu/geography/cartography.html
for the full position description and application process.

CSULB has a terrific geography department
(http://www.csulb.edu/geography/), with an active community
of scholars, a large master's degree program, substantial
growth in majors, and excellent ties with the surrounding
communities and other departments on campus.  It has long
been well known for its strengths in cartography and
geospatial techniques.

The campus has been cited by Princeton Review as one of the
three best value public universities in the US and as one
of the top three public master's universities in the West
by US News and World Report.  The campus features the
largest library in the 23 campus CSU system and is located
near the beach in a pleasant, livable community with an
ideal climate.