From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 07:48:57 -0500
Subject:        RE: city population data - GIS
Date:   Wed, 20 Aug 2008 08:05:42 -0400
From:   Menk, Robert <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

There's a "World Gazetteer" site with a list that may do the trick for you at
http://www.world-gazetteer.com/wg.php?x=&men=gcis&lng=en&des=wg&srt=npan&col=abcdefghinoq&msz=1500&pt=c&va=x

It covers the cities of at least 500,000. You can sort it by clicking the column headings (which was not immediately obvious to me). It also links to a related list for population by metropolitan areas.

Bobb Menk
MIT Lincoln Laboratory Library