From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:14:57 -0500
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject: Libraries running ArcSDE?
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005
From: Matthew Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>

The UW Libraries Map Collection is investigating setting up and maintaining
and SDE server to disseminate GIS data to our users.  Currently, we are
attempting to gather information and would like to know if there are any
other libraries (especially public academic institutions) that have already
done this.  Are there any of you out there?  If so, would you be willing to
field a few questions from us so that we can proceed with confidence to our
administrators with a proposal for funding, etc.

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Matthew Parsons, Map Librarian
Map Collection and Cartographic Information Services Unit
University of Washington Libraries
206-543-9392