From:
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:29:56 -0500
Subject: duplicate Taiwan L792
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:05:20 -0700
From: Julie Sweetkind-Singer <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi all,

I have two partial copies of duplicates for this map series.  The first
set
has 64/109 sheets.  The second 16/109.  I'd like to send them to a
library
that needs them.  Please let me know if you are willing to take only the
first set or if you'll take the second set if the first one has already
been claimed.  We'll pay the postage.

Thanks,

Julie

>Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:01:53 -0700
>From: SIRSI Production System <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>
>(From WEBSERVER at port 23)

>                  Title: Formosa (Taiwan) 1:50,000.
>                Imprint: Washington, 1944-
>   Physical Description: maps (part col.) 37 x 52 cm.
>                 Series: (Its A. M. S. L792)
>                  Notes: Complete in 109 sheets.  Set includes various issues
>                         of sheets, some photolithographic reproductions of
>                         Japanese Land Survey maps with transliterated names
>                         overprinted, some comp. by Army Map Service.
>                  Notes: "Polyconic projection."
>                  Notes: Military grid.
>                  Notes: "Contour interval 20 meters with auxiliary
> contours at
>                         10 and 5 meter intervals."
>                  Notes: Various types of roads, railroads, internal
>                         boundaries, communication facilities, land forms,
>                         areas of cultivation, etc., are shown in detail.
>                  Notes: "All place names transcribed according to the
> modified
>                         Hepburn (Romaji) system."
>                  Notes: Index to place names on these maps issued by Army Map
>                         Service under title: Gazetteer to maps of Formosa
>                         (Taiwan)
>                  Notes: Includes "Glossary."
>                  Notes: Marginal maps and diagrams: Index to
>                         boundaries.--Index to adjoining sheets.--Coverage
>                         diagram.
>                  Notes: Scale 1:50,000.
>           Subject (LC): Taiwan--Maps, Topographic.
>                 Series: United States. Army Map Service. A. M. S. L792.

Julie Sweetkind-Singer
GIS & Map Librarian
Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
397 Panama Mall, M/C 2211
Stanford University
Stanford, CA  94305
Phone:  650-725-1103