From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Meadow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 1998 15:43:43 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
>Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 14:24:27 -0700
>From: Tony Meadow <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: National Geographic Traveller <fwd>

Jim and others,

>We are attempting to bind our collection of NGS Traveller and have
>discovered  we're missing v. 8 no.5 (Sept-Oct 1991)  Our attempts to obtain
>a replacement copy have so far been in vain.  Its out of stock at NGS and
>at our vendors.
>
>Its a shot in the dark, I know, but I thought I'd appeal to the list to see
>if any of you has an extra copy of this issue you'd be willing to donate or
>sell  to us?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>:>  <:>  <:>  <:>  <:>  <:>  <:>  <:>  <:>
>Jim Coombs
>Map Librarian
>Southwest Missouri State University
>Springfield, Mo.

For the librarians on the list, there's another marvelous list for requests
for periodicals called BACKSERV. Here's an excerpt from the readme:

                     Backserv - Welcome and Scope

Welcome to Backserv, a list devoted exclusively to the informal
exchange of serial back issues and books among libraries.  Backserv
provides a forum for the listing of both available and desired serial
issues and books in all non-medical subject areas.  Messages which
deal primarily with medical and health-related materials should be
sent to the BackMed list.  Backserv is not a forum for messages which
discuss the process of exchanging materials or the merits of various
dealers or exchange avenues.  These messages should be posted instead
on SERIALST or ACQNET.

As a guide, messages should be kept to no more than 100 lines.  Please
include COMPLETE contact information in your message.  Do not include
the title(s) of your material in the subject line, as some mail
systems do not have a subject line available or show only a partial
subject line.  This message should be sent to:
[log in to unmask] to be distributed to the list.

Backserv is not a moderated list.  It is meant purely as a
communication vehicle for librarians and library staff offering or
seeking back issues of serial titles or books.  You do not need to be
subscribed to the list to send messages.  Replies to messages should
be sent directly to the sender and NOT to the list.  Dealers and other
exchange organizations are welcome to monitor the list but are asked
not to send messages to Backserv at this time.  Individuals are free
to negotiate with dealers and to make monetary or other arrangements.
If you do not wish to be contacted by a commercial organization,
simply indicate this in your original message.

To subscribe to this list, send a message to:

with no subject line that reads:

        subscribe backserv firstname lastname

The archives of Backserv are publicly available on the Readmore
webserver and gopher and are fully searchable using built-in WAIS
indexing.  The last 8 weeks of the archives are maintained online.
The archives may be accessed at the following URL:

        http://www.readmore.com

(use the link to Backserv.)

....Backserv is being hosted by Readmore, Inc.  The list administrators
are Marilyn Geller and Amira Aaron.  Please contact Marilyn (Email:
[log in to unmask]; Phone: (617) 484-7379) or Amira (Email:
[log in to unmask]; Phone: (617) 860-7224) with questions, comments or
suggestions.  Or you can leave a message for us at 1-800-221-3306.  We
would like to hear from you.

--- End Forwarded Message ---