From:
William Barrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 1996 10:10:43 EST
Hello,
  I am about to begin a library school practicum where one of my
responsibilities will be to determine whether GEODEX should be
used in a large depository map collection.  I have monitored its
use in another map library and have some questions that I hope
someone will be willing to answer.  Thanks.
  1)  Is version 1.0 the latest version?
  2)  Has anyone written an in-house manual for staff that might
      be more user-friendly than the offical GEODEX manual?
  3)  Is it true that searches for sheets including any particular
      coordinate pair will only be successful when the coordinates
      are those entered for the corners?
  4)  Has anyone exported the data files to any other software for
      improved access?  Which database was used?  How was the
      transfer performed?
  5)  Has anyone use a GIS as a geographic finding aid for GEODEX?

  Any other comments would be appreciated.  Thanks again.

BILL BARROW