From:
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:22:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Large format color scanner query]
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 09:24:21 -0800
From: Julie Sweetkind-Singer <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum

------------------
Hi Chris,

We have a large format Contex feed-through scanner as well.  It is
definitely not a paper shredder!  We've had it for over two years and it
has been very reliable.  We handled a large map digitization project
with
it and now it is used regularly by students and faculty.  If you do get
feed-through scanner, you can put any fragile maps in mylar that is
sealed
on two sides and then run it through.  The color of the map will change
slightly, but that can be corrected in PhotoShop.

We also got our scanner through www.ideal.com.  Chris's comment about
getting the service agreement is right on.  We have had the service
people
come out twice in the two years we've had the scanner - once to do a
general "check up" and once to replace a part.

Please contact me directly if you'd like to talk about this further.

Julie

At 02:59 PM 11/6/2003 -0500, Johnnie D. Sutherland wrote:
> [...]

Julie Sweetkind-Singer
GIS & Map Librarian
Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
397 Panama Mall, M/C 2211
Stanford University
Stanford, CA  94305
Phone:  650-725-1103