From:
Richard Pinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Nov 1993 15:50:02 EST
We have a patron who would like to know if the village of Cisie in Poland
still exists.  He is under the impression that it has long since
disappeared, presumably during the last world war.  However I have been
able to find this community on sheet NM 34-4 in the AMS Western Europe
1:250,000 series (M 501).  This sheet was compiled from maps published in
1953.  I have also located Cisie in the BGN gazetteer for Poland,
published in 1955.  But we have no detailed maps for Poland published after
the mid-1950s.

If anyone has more modern maps of Poland, would you please check to see if
Cisie still exists?  It is located at 18 deg 54 min east, and 50 deg 47
min north.  Cisie  lies 15 km west of the town Czestochowa and it is 3-4 km
west of the village of Blachownia.

Richard Pinnell
University Map and Design Library
University of Waterloo