Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:52:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Replacing wheels on map cabinets?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:54:56 -1000
From: Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Aloha Ilene,

I believe Mayline has taken over the Hamilton line of map cases.  If you
go to the Mayline website you will see the Hamiltons beging sold along
side Maylines.   http://www.mayline.com/filing/large_format.pdf

In my experience, I've sometimes found the wheels (and ball bearings)
are fine.  It's the metal parts around it that have gotten bent out of
shape that creates the problem.  Careful re-bending of the frame and or
a rubber mallet may convince it to straighten out.  I have not tried to
replace wheels that have gone bad.

Good luck on replacing the drawer wheels and let us all know how it goes.

Aloha,
Ross
Ross Togashi, Map Technician
University of Hawai`i at Manoa