From:
Michael Hubbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 1995 14:39:30 EDT

        Multnomah County Library (Portland's public library) needs to create a
map collection policy statement and we would be interested in seeing what
any other large public or university libraries have done.  Our collection
has gradually evolved under many different caretakers, and it has become
unmanageable with the number of staff currently assigned (a librarian, a
clerk, and a page, all part-time).  We are trying to re-evaluate
staffing, funding, storage, and technical support.  Any information would
be greatly appreciated.

Michael Hubbard, Humanities Librarian
Multnomah County Library, 801 SW 10, Portland, OR 97205