From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 07:59:08 -0500
forwarded email

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Proof Speed maps on-line
Date:   Thu, 21 Apr 2011 18:48:55 +0100
From:   Anne Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Dear all

Cambridge University Library owns one of 5 known sets of proof maps
compiled for John Speed's /Theatre of the Empire of Great Britaine/

Images of these maps can now be found online at
http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/deptserv/maps/speed.html (where you can also
buy printed copies!)

I was going to advertise this next week when we had written a bit more
explanatory text, but since there has been a lot of coverage in the
British Press today, I thought I should let my fellow map enthusiasts
know directly.

I have only briefly compared the proof maps to those in the published
first edition, so if you notice differences, do let me know and I will
compile a list.

The University's Press Release can be found at:
http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/

Best wishes

Anne

--
Anne Taylor
Head of Map Department, Cambridge University Library, West Road,

!!VAT NUMBER: G.B. 823 8476 09!!