Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2007 15:18:31 -0500
Subject:        Folded vs. flat again
Date:   Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:18:11 -0400
From:   Hallie Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
To:     'Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum' <[log in to unmask]>

Thanks to everyone who responded to my folded vs. flat question - it
generated a very interesting discussion!  The consensus seems to be file
maps flat whenever possible, both to preserve the map itself and to limit
the number of locations one has to go to find maps.  Exceptions tend to be
made for maps with covers and/or accompanying texts as well as small CIA
maps, but there were are number of creative solutions given for dealing with
such issues.  While we're still working out some processing details, I'm
leaning towards following the trend & filing flat with logical exceptions.

Thanks again for the input!

Hallie Pritchett
Map Librarian
University of Georgia Libraries