From:
Bill Thoen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 1994 12:26:50 EDT

Other opinions hold that online references are useful in spite of these
shortcomings, and can't/shouldn't be ignored.

Michael A. Domaratz <[log in to unmask]> provided a detailed description
of the format developed by the Federal Geographic Data Committee's work
on the metadata standard to cite online reference material.  It's 129
lines long so I'll not include it here (I'll explain how to get the
full, unedited version in just a bit), but it seems to cover just about
everything there is to list in a citation.  He also listed the follwoing