From:
Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1993 23:35:23 EDT
Hello All,
  At present, the State of Wyoming has one part-time person in our
State Engineer's office in charge of providing comments on Geographic
names proposed for Wyoming, and I assume forwarding suggestions to
the U.S. Board of Geographic names.  That person is proposing a
committee to allow the work to be spread out.  I am not familiar with
the legalities of proposing and submitting geographic names in other
states.  If your state government has a policy regarding the proposal
of geographic names, and some type of organization that acts on them,
could you send me a description of your state's procedures and the
organization of the group that acts on them?  This is one of those
reference questions that I need help on.
Linda Zellmer  [log in to unmask]
Tape the following address to an envelope containing any
information you can find.  Thanks a lot.

Linda Zellmer
Geology Library
Box 3006, University Station
University of Wyoming