From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Huber, Tom
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:42:27 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:20:31 -0600
From: "Huber, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Is GIS-L awake?  Help!? <fwd>
Sender: "Huber, Tom" <[log in to unmask]>

Alice,

GIS-L is barely a memory; it went belly up back in the fall, but the folks
who ran it haven't had the courtesy to inform the world at large, nor take
down the webpage. It's "replacement" is GISList. You can find it here:
http://spatialnews.geocomm.com/community/lists/  You'll find a lot of the
same folks there, and get a better explanation, if you'd like, as to the
causes behind the demise of GIS-L. Hope this helps.

Tom Huber
Asst. Map Librarian
Illinois State Library
300 S. 2nd.
Springfield, IL 62701-1796
(217) 782-5823
FAX: (217) 557-6737

Jesse White, Secretary of State and State Librarian