From:
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 16:39:01 -0400
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Universal Maps?]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:26:34 -0500
From: Nat case <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

>Hello -
>I've been getting persistent calls from a representative at Universal
>Maps offering to sell me some new maps of the Denver metro area.  The
>maps sound good from his descriptions, but I have never seen one "in
>person".  Has anyone bought maps of your urban area from this company,
>and if so, do you think the maps are good quality and worth their price?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Naomi Heiser
>Map Library
>University of Colorado Libraries
>Boulder, CO 80303
>(303) 492-4966
>http://www-libraries.colorado.edu/ps/map/frontpage.htm

Universal's maps are as good as any national map publisher. Check and
see if it's their artwork; they have used other cartography firms in
addition to their own staff in the past. I think Lawrence Group used
to do their Denver maps.

Of course, local knowledge is a useful thing, so you may find a
different level of knowledge reflected in for example Mapsco's Denver
maps.

Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc
(which has its own downtown Denver map, distributed by Mapsco)
--
Nat Case
Hedberg Maps, Inc