From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:32:31 -0500
Subject:        Sources for record temps for Philippines
Date:   Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:47:27 +0000
From:   Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

The Philippines Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Administration
would be a good place to start for Philippines data.
http://www.pagasa.dost.gov.ph/

Also try the Philippines Met. Society.
http://www.geocities.com/phil_met_soc/

There's no obvious "weather records" page on either site, sadly. You
might have to phone/fax/email them directly.

For world temp. records, the question is made problematic by changes in
national boundaries over time. If a record high was measured in Warsaw
in Tsarist Russia, would you count that today as a Russian high or a
Polish high or both or neither?

Many (western) countries will have online met. service sites that will
have weather records... Australia does. I'm sure the US does.
Perhaps try the World Meteorological Organisation? Again, nothing
obvious online, so try contacting them direc! t.
http://www.wmo.int/pages/index_en.html

Dr Brendan Whyte
Ubon Ratchathani University
THAILAND

 > I need to find a source that lists the all time record maximum high and
 > low temperatures by country. (The Philippines specifically)
 >
 > We’ve come up dry here on where to locate this info. Any ideas or
 > sources would be appreciated.
 >
 > John Olson

Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger  Get it now!
<http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=wlmailtagline>