From:
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2012 07:53:52 -0500
Subject: Book for review: The Spanish Helmet
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 01:12:08 +0000
From: Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To: IAG list <[log in to unmask]>,        Carto-soc
<[log in to unmask]>,        mapsL <[log in to unmask]>,
AMC <[log in to unmask]>

"The Globe", journal of The Australian and New Zealand Map Society is
seeking a reviewer for the following title:

Scowen, Greg, "The Spanish Helmet", Whare Rama, n.p., 2011.

It is a 360pp. paperback novel based on a the premise of a Spanish
discovery of New Zealand in the 1520s (which of course the government is
trying to cover up). It sounds like a Dan-Brownesque conspiracy thriller
drawing on the work of the late Robert Langdon of the Pacific
Manuscripts Bureau at ANU (not to be confused with the Robert Langdon
hero of Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code"!), and also lists Auckland
University anthropologist Prof. Anne Salmond in the acknowledgements.

If interested in reviewing this title for us, please send me our
preferred postal address off-list, and I will post the book out to you.

Thank you,

Brendan Whyte
editor, The Globe

Dr Brendan Whyte