From:
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 2004 16:48:01 -0400
Subject: Aerial Photo-related poster session at ALA
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 17:43:32 -0600
From: Katie Lage <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I want to let the MAPS-L subscribers know about a poster to be presented at
ALA that might be of interest. The poster is entitled "Digitizing Aerial
Photographs of Colorado: Metadata, Access, and Sustainability". It is
part of
a session on technology that may not immediately catch the eye of MAGERT
members or other map library folks, so I thought I’d call attention to it.

We’d love to talk to other librarians with similar projects during our
session. I’ve copied a brief summary of the project and session information
below.

with
the University Libraries’ Systems Department and the Cataloging Department,
has digitized, georeferenced, cataloged, and made accessible via the Web
1,700
aerial photographs of Colorado taken between 1938 and 1947.

Session details:
Monday, June 28, 2004
11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Table 15
Session V: Infrastructure: Technology, Buildings and Equipment, Management,
and Digital Reference Services

-Katie

Katie Lage
Map Librarian
Jerry Crail Johnson Earth Sciences and Map Library
University of Colorado, Boulder
UCB 184
Boulder, CO 80309
303-735-4917