From:
Aimee Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2017 20:22:38 +0000
Good questions, Jon.  At Central Washington University, our map collection is part of the Government Publications Services Unit which is part of the James E. Brooks Library.  We are a federal and Washington State depository library and most of our maps come from the one of the two depository library programs. We also have received many gift maps along with some purchases.  We have very active and well-respected Geography, Anthropology, and Geological Sciences programs along with Aviation, History, Sociology, and Environmental Studies who come use the collections.

Our downfall is only about 30% of our collection is cataloged.  It is my hope at some future date to actually have another librarian collaborate with me to build this collection into a full geospatial resource center for the campus.

Aimée

Aimée C. Quinn
Assistant Professor | Government Publications Librarian
James E. Brooks Library, Depository 0649-A
Central Washington University
400 E. University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926
509-963-1592