From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darius Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:08:49 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:29:40 +0000
From: Darius Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Zaire
Sender: Darius Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>

Colleagues,

I am looking for some help on behalf of a colleague.  Would any of you
know of a quick source for a datum: the perimeter in Kilometres of the
DR Congo (formerly Zaire)?  More properly, the perimeter minus the coast
line, i.e. the length in kilometres of the borders it shares with its nine
neighbours?

As a follow-up, do you know of any other country in the world which
borders more states than DRC (nine?).  I think there are one or two
others on the African continent with that many borders - and I
suppose now that Russia may rival it...  Comparative stats on this
would also be useful...

Many thanks!

Darius
Darius Bartlett                                         Darius Bartlett
Department of Geography                          Roinn na Tireolaiochta
University College Cork                  Colaste na hOllscoile Corcaigh
Cork, Ireland                                            Corcaigh, Eire

Phone: (+353) 21 902835                            Fax: (+353) 21 271980
Phone(GSM): (+353) 86 8238043               Fax (GSM): (+353) 86 8018143
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Web page URL: http://www.ucc.ie/ucc/depts/geography/stafhome/djb/djb.htm
This message was transmitted using 100% recycled electrons....
--- End Forwarded Message ---