From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:15:09 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 12:37:15 -0800
From: Martana Rybnicek <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Map Buying Trips
Sender: Martana Rybnicek <[log in to unmask]>

Map Link is finally planning some future map buying trips.  If anyone is
interested in obtaining maps, either full sets or sheets to fill in sets, of
the following countries please let me know.

MOZAMBIQUE - Next week
We have a contact who will be traveling down to Mozambique where he has had
previous successes in obtaining topographic maps at 1:250K and 1:50K from
the government.  The pub dates range from the 70's to the 90's.  I'm very
sorry to say that I'm unsure of the number of sheets involved for each set.
I'm assuming 1:250K would probably take about 50 sheets and all I know about
the 1:50K set is that it is only partially available.  Each sheet will
probably retail for about $20.00 with no set discount.  Sorry about the high
price but our cost of buying the maps is fairly high since we will be going
through a 3rd party.  I don't know of any other way of obtaining them
though.

COLOMBIA - Next week
We will be purchasing 1:200K and 1:50K sets.

ARGENTINA, CHILE, PARAGUAY & URUGUAY - April-May
I'll be down in southern South America for 6 weeks taking a vacation and
buying maps. If anyone needs some sheets to fill in sets for these countries
please let me know.  Unfortunately, I know in the past Chile has been a
problem (the maps were very, very expensive) but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

Martana Rybnicek

Map Link, Inc.
30 S La Patera Lane, Unit 5
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
Phone:(800)962-1394 or (805)692-6777, Ext 114
Fax:(800)627-7768 or (805)692-6787
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

--- End Forwarded Message ---