From:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2012 08:33:06 -0500
Subject:        Google Earth indexes to foreign topo & geology sets
Date:   Fri, 22 Jun 2012 19:49:22 +0000
From:   Christopher Thiry <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>, WAML

HI all,

2nd of 3 announcements for today.

Using Arc, I was able to create indexes to some of the topographic and
geologic map sets that we have in our Library. There are also links to
online versions of the maps, when available.
I have attempted to make the indexes as straight-forward and easy to use
as possible.
I welcome and would appreciate feedback--please see the questions I have
for users at the bottom of this email.
Here's the link to the indexes:

http://library.mines.edu/LBGuide_Maps_Google_Earth_Indexes

My goal is to make these indexes straight-forward, easy to use, and as
useful as possible. YOUR feedback is appreciated so as to improve the

_____Quesions__ for users:
_How useful are these as tools for finding geologic mapping information?
How can the color scheme be improved?
Do the popup boxes contain the information you need? If not, what should
be eliminated? Added?
What other aspects would like to see in these indexes?

Christopher J.J.Thiry
Map Librarian
Colorado School of Mines
1400 Illinois