Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:45:26 -0500
Subject:        Re: map cataloging on OCLC--statistics
Date:   Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:26:18 -0500 (CDT)
From:   Christopher Winters <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Angie (and everyone else), I've done all this stuff on
WorldCat, where we're not paying for searches--but I think
you could do everything on Connexion (dt="maps" and li:XXX).
And yes, the results are cumulative, and the "Diff[erence]"
columns show the change from one year to the next.

With the indexes available to the public, I'm pretty sure
you'd have to do this sort of search every year. Maybe OCLC
would have the ability to search its July 2002 catalog--but
we don't.

If you sort by accession number you can get a picture
of the last 1000 (only) records done, including both
original and matching records, but that's all. Connexion
has--or had--an accession number _range_ search (I
can't find it in the list), but it is--or was--very slow.

Thanks for your comments and congratulations to AGS on
getting all those maps cataloged!

Chris