Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 1995 16:05:48 EDT
    We are considering putting the AAPG Tectonic Map of the World on a large
wall and I'm seeking advice as to how to do it.
    As you know this colored map is in 21 sections, most of which are 27 x 33
inches.  We want to make it one map.  It will be placed in a public corridor and
will possibly never return to the map drawers.  Should the sections be cut and
dry mounted?  How can these sections then be merged to look like one map?
Should glass cover the approximately 6.5 yard width?  One idea I've been
given is to treat it like wall paper, and glue it directly to the wall.  That's really
scary for me to contemplate!
    Someone must have thought about what to do with these sections other
than putting them in map drawers.  Has anyone hung them or seen them
hanging as a single map?
   Suggestions?   Thanks

Claren Kidd                             Phone  405  325-6217
Youngblood Energy Library                 Fax    405  325-6451
University of Oklahoma
100 E. Brooks  R220                 e-mail  [log in to unmask]
Norman, OK  73019-0628