From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:43:55 -0500
Subject:        Re: Value of orthoquad photos on film sheets
Date:   Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:32:34 -0700
From:   Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Dave:

Are we talking about transparencies or opaque prints?

Transparencies were once useful for doing hand analysis, but I do not
think they have much use now.  Opaque prints are much easier to use
(both digitally and manually).

But neither has much inherent value if you also have the imagery in
digital form.  My basic rule of thumb is:  if it is unique information,
it has research value.  If it duplicates something in a less convenient
 format, you will eventually throw it out so you may as well not accept it.
Jon R. Jablonski                          541-346-3051
Associate Professor
David & Nancy Petrone MAP/GIS Librarian
University of Oregon Libraries