From:
Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1993 16:43:59 EDT
Greetings,

Speaking of oversize photocopying, does anybody know of a machine that can
do 36" copying of atlases and other folio-size items?  My understanding of
the Xerox 2510, 2515, 2520, 3050, and 5080 is that they are "fed" the item to
be copied through rollers and so the item can not be more than 1/8" thick.
This would severely reduce the usefulness of the machine in a general
library.  I am trying to justify getting a machine for our Library and hoping
that it can do more than only sheet maps.

I know the Canon Bubble-jet can do 33"x22" in _color_, with the item being
placed ontop of a glass plate which can accomodate thick books, etc. but
$100,000 is a bit much.  Thank you for any info you can provide.

Aloha,
Ross Togashi
University of Hawaii at Manoa
Hamilton Library Map Collection