From:
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:01:25 -0400
Subject: Final Notice: registration deadline
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:53:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: A. Zald <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I'm sure members of these lists will be grateful that this is the final
message on this topic - my apologies again for any duplication of
postings.

August 30 is the final registration deadline for the September 15-18
meeting of the Western Association of Map Libraries to be held in Seattle.
We are planning a terrific meeting and wonderful activities highlighting
the beauties of Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

Perhaps you saw the August cover of American Libraries - that interior
shot of the new Seattle Public Library gives you a good idea of the
setting for our meeting.  A tour of this new, critically and civically
acclaimed facility ("... hailed as best new library in a generation") will
be a feature of the pre-conference activities.

There are still places on the bus for our day-long field trip to the Mt St
Helens National Volcanic Monument, accompanied by geologist/volcanologist
Chris Newhall.

A banquet on a patio overlooking Puget Sound, presenters ranging from book
author Kitty Harmon (You Are Here), City of Seattle GIS managers and
archivists, geologic mapping of Puget Sound, and landscape history fill
the program of events.

For more details, and the registration form, please see
http://www.lib.washington.edu/maps/waml/

Hope to see you in Seattle!!

Your hosts:

Mary Douglass