From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2009 07:56:29 -0500
Subject:        AASHTO GIS-T Student Contest
Date:   Tue, 13 Oct 2009 07:35:31 -0400
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

Good Morning,

I would like to introduce myself as a representative of the AASHTO GIS
for Transportation Symposium Planning Committee. I am the GIS Program
Manager at Federal Railroad Administration, USDOT. Every year we have a
contest designed to encourage university students to develop solutions
to current GIS & Transportation (GIS-T) issues. Attached (and pasted
below) is a flyer about the student paper contest and the prizes, there
is also more information at http://www.gis-t.org/ If you have any
questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Thank you,

Raquel Wright

*GIS-T Student Paper Contest*

The contest is designed to encourage university students to develop
solutions to current GIS-T issues. Students will be judged on their
ability to develop and document useful, original research based on GIS-T
issues and to relay their research results in a complete, clear, and
well-referenced paper. The winners will present their papers at the 2010
GIS-T symposium.

*_Eligibility Requirements:_*

    * The applicant must be a currently enrolled student.
    * Only one paper contest entry per student is acceptable.
    * Willingness to attend and present at the GIS-T Conference in April
      2010
    * The final paper or poster must be available electronically to be
      posted on the GIS-T website.

*_Submission Deadline: _**/_December 11, 2009_/*

*_Awards:_*__

We will be giving two graduate awards of $500 plus a round trip ticket
(US Continental) to Charleston, West Virginia with two nights stay and
one undergraduate award of $250 plus a round trip ticket (US
Continental) to Charleston, West Virginia with two nights stay. The
winners will also present their paper at the Student Paper session on
April 11^th , 2010 and their presentations posted to the GIS-T website.

*_Submission Guidelines:_*

Found here: http://www.gis-t.org/

*_Email Submissions or Questions to:
_* Email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Papers will be judged by members of the GIS-T Planning Committee and
will be rated in the following categories:

• Significance of topic
• Literature review
• Data analyses (if applicable)
• Interpretation
• Clarity of presentation
• Validity of conclusions
• Reader interest

Students will be notified of the contest results via email no later than
March 1^st , 2010.