From:
Mark Crotteau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 1995 16:37:01 EST

I'm currently cataloging a compilation of genealogical records for the
town of Hoffnungstal, Bessarabia.  The LCSH for the region is Bessarabia
(Moldova and Ukraine).  I need to establish the heading for the town,
which is (or was) apparently very near the Molodova-Ukraine border. The
title page of the book gives the coordinates of Hoffnungstal as E46 deg.
20 min., N 29 deg. 10 min.  These coordinates, which have the appearance
of being approximations, would put the town barely into Ukraine. Can
anyone provide a definitive answer as to the exact location of this town
or whether it's in Ukraine or Moldova?

Mark Crotteau
Washington State University <[log in to unmask]>