From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 09:57:23 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:44:15 -0400
From: Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: historical country boundaries (with an "r")
Sender: Tom Elliott <[log in to unmask]>

The original post did indeed mean countRies, and for anytime between 1800
and 1960 or so, with preference for areas previously or contemporaneously
under European colonial influence or control. I believe that the interested
party would also be interested in other types of historical administrative
boundaries like Catholic dioceses. The task involves spatially referencing
different historical demographic datasets where the most granular
aggregation of these data are at these area-levels. The party has, in most
cases, corresponding maps, but is hoping to avoid a major map digitization
task, since time and resources are limited.

Please send all replies to the list, not to me.

Thanks,
Tom

Tom ELLIOTT, M.A. <[log in to unmask]>
Director, Ancient World Mapping Center