From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:45:03 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:23:36 -0400
From: David McQuillan <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: IFLA G&M Alert

The program for the Section of Geography and Map Libraries, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) is finally coming together after several months of negotiations.  The meetings run August 12 to 18, 2000 in Jerusalem, in just about one month!

On Tuesday, August 15, there will be a visit to the Survey of Israel in Tel Aviv, departing Jerusalem at 7:00 a.m., meeting at the Survey from 9:00 - 11:00, and going back to Jerusalem for a 12:30 Divisional paper session with the theme "Authenticity of Digital Collections."

Early departure is necessary for traffic reasons in the morning, as normally it is a trip of about one hour.

Attendance is limited to 20 and I need the name and passport number of each participant.  If you wish to visit the Survey of Israel on August 15, please contact me right away.

More details on the meetings to come soon!

David C. McQuillan
Program Planner
IFLA Section of Geography and Map Libraries

David C. McQuillan
Map Librarian
Thomas Cooper Library
University of South Carolina