From:
Pat Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1993 12:47:32 EST
I suggest looking in the SLA Geography & Map Division Bulletin no. 172,
June 1993, p.63-65.  This article describes Direct Access and Direct
Access for Windows.  These are security/menu programs that do just what
you say you need.  You could probably get Direct Access For Windows for
less than $150.00.  You might be able to get it for much less than that.

You can do lots of things with this program, from security to user
application tracking.  I use it on a public workstation with 20 or so
CD-type applications running.  The windows version is good for Windows and
DOS applications.

- Pat Allen
Purdue University